American Visa Photographs in Sheffield
193 London Road
Your photo is a vital part of your visa application. To learn more, review the information below on how to provide a suitable photo. Digital images are required for some visa categories, while photos are required for other visa categories. The acceptance of your digital image or photo is at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply.
We recommend you use a professional visa photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements.
Your photos or digital images must be:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear glasses (without tinted lenses), a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
- Dark glasses or glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
Review the Photo Examples to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos. Photos copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable.
Please review the additional photo requirements for:
- Nonimmigrant Visas
- Immigrant Visas
- Diversity Visa (DV) Program
Additional Requirements for Nonimmigrant Visas
Applicants using Form DS-160 or Form DS-1648
If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa by filling out the DS-160 or DS-1648 online form, the form will instruct you to upload your digital image as part of completing the online visa application form. Review the Digital Image Requirements
Some embassies and consulates require visa applicants to bring one (1) photo, which meets requirements, to the interview. Review the embassy or consulate instructions where you will apply to learn more.
Additional Requirements for Immigrant Visas
Applicants using Form DS-260
If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview. Your photos must be:
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
Additional Requirements for the Diversity Visa (DV) Program
Diversity Visa Program Entrants
If you are entering the Diversity Visa (DV) Program online, you must upload your digital image as part of your entry. Your digital image must be:
- In JPEG (.jpg) file format
- Equal to or less than 240 kB (kilobytes) in file size
- In a square aspect ratio (height must equal width)
- 600x600 pixels in dimension
Photo Composition Template
- Make sure the photo presents the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin
- Center the head with the frame
- The person in the photo should have a neutral expression and be facing the camera
Paper Photo Head Size Template
- Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
- The height of the head (top of hair to bottom of chin) should measure 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm - 35 mm)
- Make sure the eye height is between 1 1/8 inches to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm – 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo
3 copies are £7.95 and ready while you wait.
If you can not get to a studio and wish to use your own photo for passports or visa photographs the we recommend www.onlinepassportphotographs.co.uk simply upload your photo and they do the rest!
Digital Image Requirements
Your photo is a vital part of your application. If the image you supply is not suitable, the system will not allow you to submit the photo. You may have to take another photo with a digital camera or modify the format to meet the minimum technical requirements. Please make sure you know how to provide a suitable photo to avoid any delays.
The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply for a visa.
The digital image must adhere to the following specifications:
|Dimensions||The image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels. Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels. Please review photo requirements for specific dimensions.|
|Color||The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB color space which is the common output for most digital cameras.|
|File Format||The image must be in JPEG file format|
|File Size||The image must be less than or equal to 240 kB (kilobytes).|
|Compression||The image may need to be compressed in order for it to be under the maximum file size. The compression ratio should be less than or equal to 20:1.|