UK passport Photographs Sheffield
11 Rectory Road
NEW STUDIO OPENING 03-08-2018
UK Passport photo requirements
If you need to send in photographs for a passport application, make sure they meet all the rules to avoid delays in your application.
You must send 2 identical photos when applying for a passport.
Rules for photos
Photos must be professionally printed and 45 millimetres high by 35 millimetres wide - the standard size used in photo booths. You can’t use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
The photos must be:
- in colour on plain white photographic paper
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- taken within the last month
- clear and in focus
- without any tears or creases
- unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- unaltered by computer software
The image of you
Photos should show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people.
The image of your head - from the crown of your head to your chin - must be sized between 29 millimetres and 34 millimetres deep (see example below).
Your photo may be rejected unless it shows you:
- facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- with a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- without anything covering the face
- in clear contrast to the background
- without a head covering (unless it’s worn for religious or medical reasons)
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- with your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- without any shadows in the picture
Photos for child passports
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
If the child is under 5, they don’t have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
If the child is under 1, their eyes don’t have to be open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand mustn’t be visible in the photo.
Passport photos: dos and don’ts
4 Copies are £5.95 and ready in just a few minutes!